What are the Dog Flu Shot Vaccine And Side Effects
Dog Flu Shot
The disease is said to be a mutation of the equine flu. It is estimated that around 8% of sick dogs who get the flu will die.
- Healthy dogs have a higher chance of survival.
- There is no evidence yet that the dog flu can infect humans.
- Once a dog comes in contact with the flu, they can be sick with mild to severe symptoms lasting for up to 4 weeks.
- Flu vaccines can be given to dogs to help prevent them from being susceptible to the disease.
Dog Flu Vaccine
- A dog flu vaccine is available to owners who want to vaccinate their pets from the flu.
- Vets may or may not prescribe the use of this vaccine on dogs.
- There is a chance that only sick dogs that may have trouble coping with the condition will be the ones recommended for vaccination.
- Working dogs and racing dogs may also be given the vaccine since most of them are at a higher risk for cross-infection since they are regularly in the presence of other animals.
Dog Flu Shot Side Effects
- Itching or scratching at the injection site
- Weakness for a few hours after injection
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Slight swelling of the site
- Slight fever
Signs of an allergic reaction to the vaccine include:
- Scratching all over
- Breathing problems
- Swollen face, lips, tongue
- Swollen throat