Is Kirkland Brand Pet food Safe and Nutritious? Find Review & Ingredients in it
September 9, 2011 | Healthy Cat | |
The brand Kirkland prides itself in the formulation of its signature series for pet cats. By far, Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Formula and Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight and Hairball Control Formula are making raves amongst cat owners and pet health experts. The signature series contains just the right amount of fats and proteins for cats.
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Formula. This variant is recommended for cats that are already in shape and are nonetheless problem-free. Unlike other brands available, this variant is specifically designed to have low contents of magnesium.
Of course, the formula also has the necessary ingredients such as fresh chicken, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight and Hairball Control Formula. Complete with the freshest ingredients, this variant is specially formulated to help keep aging cats lean and fit. The wholesome formula also aids in preventing the formation of hairballs, which could bring both respiratory and gastrointestinal ailments in pet cats.
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Although there are only 2 Kirkland variants available, both pet owners and their cats love the product. Apart from high quality value and big packs, Kirkland Cat Foods stick to its promise of maintaining the cat’s ideal body weight. After consuming the cat food regularly, previously obese cats were reported to gradually lose excess weight. Moreover, pet owners adore this type of cat food because the coats of their cats have renewed shine and glamour. Overall, pets were reported to be healthy. There were no recorded bouts of allergies or untoward reactions in using Kirkland Cat Foods. Most formulas contain whole meats and meat meal.
There are also no noted artificial preservatives, and these variants do not have food coloring added.
Ingredients and How Nutritious it is?
Aside from fresh ingredients, each pack of Kirkland Cat Food contains mixtures of vitamins, minerals, and other forms of antioxidants. Aside from a large percentage of protein-rich meat, Kirkland cat food also contains whole grains specially formulated for cat’s sensitive tummies, along with some veterinary-approved botanicals. The two signature series have the following ingredients:
- Chicken based products. This includes fresh chicken, chicken meal, chicken fat, and natural chicken flavors.
- Grains. Whole grain brown rice and ground white rice are included.
- Flaxseed, dried chicory root
- Potassium chloride, niacin, taurine, vitamin E supplement, biotin, vitamin A, thiamine, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B complex, and folic acid.