How to Make Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food Recipe
Dogs are not primarily carnivores that only thrive on meat, but rather omnivores or those that eat both meat and vegetables. Due to this fact, nutritionists suggest that a diet for dogs that is made up of vegetables with enough sources of protein is desirable and very much possible. In fact, several advantages have been associated in giving vegetarian food to dogs that is why the popularity of this kind of food has risen.
Vegetarian Dog Food Recipe
- Veggie Vittles. A mixture of beaten eggs, applesauce, cooked vegetables that are either mashed or grated, cooked rice and brewer’s yeast that are shaped like cookies and baked and cooled.
Vegetables that can be use can either be peas, carrots, potatoes, zucchinis and a lot more.
- Vegan Stew. Ingredients include garlic cloves for sautéing, large pepper, sliced medium-sized zucchini, sliced medium-sized yellow squash, eggplants that are peeled and cubed, peeled and cubed potatoes, basil, pepper, and salt to taste. Saute all vegetables, pour in water, bring to a boil, simmer, add in the salt and pepper, and then simmer again are the steps involved. Grated cheese can be used as toppings.
- Vegan Dog Treat. Mix dry ingredients which include flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder. Pour in water and then roll out with a thickness of one-eighth of an inch. Cut into small bite-sized pieces and bake for around 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. To add crispiness, leave in the oven overnight.
Homemade Vegetarian Dog Food
Homemade vegetarian dog food can be very nourishing to many dogs especially those that have allergies. There are a lot of facts associated to it that can guide dog owners making their own vegetarian dog food.
- Can be made with ingredients that can be found at home or those that are normally used in a daily basis
- Making own vegetarian dog food ensures owners that there are no harsh chemicals that are used as sweeteners and preservatives and that there are no meat added.
- This kind of food is proven to be very beneficial to those dogs with allergies
- Dogs can be benefited from this kind of food both physically and emotionally
- Basic and common ingredients that are used include grain sprouts, carrots, apples, dog biscuits, brown rice, bread, lentils and baked beans
- Common cooking methods include baking and boiling.
- Supplements can be added.