Fibrosarcoma in Cats: Symptoms, Causes, Treatments and Prognosis
Causes and Symptoms of Fibrosarcoma in Cats
- Fibrosarcoma occurs in muscle and connective tissue and has been linked to injection and vaccination sites.
- Symptoms of fibrosarcoma in cats depend on where the tumor is located.
- There is weakness, lethargy and loss of appetite in all cases. Bumps and lumps may be evident and easily palpated.
- Other signs can be vomiting, diarrhea, fluid buildup in the lungs and general malaise.
Also read treatment and prognosis of lung cancer in dogs
Treatments for Fibrosarcoma in Cats
- Surgery, chemo, and radiation are the top 3 choices as attempts to treat this dreaded disease in cats.
- There are always clinical trials going on that may help your pet. Ask your vet about new advances. Treatments can be quite costly.
- In older cats, pet owners tend to treat whatever symptoms the disease presents and maintain quality of life and comfort measures for their pet.
- Good nutrition is key, but quite a challenge due to the loss of appetite. Make sure that all foods you can get into your pet are THE most nutritious. Make foods more appealing by warming them for a nice aromatic enticement or adding broths and gravy’s.
- Fluids are vital. If your cat just won’t drink, you may have to help them by giving water and unflavored sports drinks through a syringe.
- Use aromatherapy for relaxation and stress release by placing some naturally calming camomile’s or lavender oil in a vaporizer or diffuser in the areas your cat hangs out in.
- Boost the immune system with the Omega oils, echinacea and goldenseal root. These natural herbs have antiviral and antibacterial qualities. Read some natural appetite stimulant for cats
Fibrosarcoma in Cats Prognosis.
- The survival rate is less than 50%.
- Fibrosarcoma is a malignant tumor that grows at a very rapid rate. In about 50% of cases of fibrosarcoma in cats, amputation is the only resort to stop the cancer from spreading further or metastasizing.
- Anorexia in Cats: Causes, Remedies and Treatments for Loss of Appetite
- Hairballs in Cats: Symptoms, Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
- Kidney Failure in Cats: Symptoms and Treatments for Cat’s Renal Failure
- FIP In Cats: Symptoms and Treatments Of Feline Infectious Peritonitis
- Worms in Cats: Symptoms, Natural Treatments and Home Remedies