Causes of Dog Urinary Tract Infection
- Not many pet owners realize that their dogs could actually develop urinary tract infection or UTI. A common misconception is that the ailment is only applicable to humans. Actually, around 14% of the total dog population has had UTI at least once in their life.
- The ailment can be classified into 2: upper urinary tract infection and lower urinary tract infection.
Dog UTI Symptoms
Treatment for Dog UTI
- The affected dog will usually be given antibiotics so as to lessen the number of bacteria in the urinary tract. Sometimes, antimicrobial medications are given.
- Pet owners who are uncomfortable with synthetic medications could apply home remedies to their pets. Among these remedies are apple cider vinegar and citrus juices.
- Give the dog plenty of clean drinking water.