Cats may lose their appetite and turn away from the food that they usually love to eat. When this happens, it is best to determine the cause of the loss of appetite. If the loss of appetite is caused by mouth sores and ulcers, these should be treated first. Colds can also make the cats lose their appetites. Treat the cold first. For all cases, the best recourse is to provide an appetite stimulant for the affected pet.
Appetite Stimulant for Cats.
- There are plenty of appetite stimulants that pet owners can give their cats. Foods that easily stimulate the cat’s olfactory senses are often the best stimulants. Most often, fish or canned liver can do the trick. However, do not give the cat raw food to minimize the risk of salmonella. Learn how to deal with dog dental problem
- B multivitamins can help the cat regain its appetite. Try putting crushed vitamin B on the food before giving it to the cat.
- Periactin appetite stimulant for cats is among the most effective medication to solve the problem.
- Some medications and stimulants designed for humans could also help solve loss of appetite.
- It would also be good to first try using a natural appetite stimulant for cats. Such stimulant could be catnip and milk thistle.
- If you are dog owner you can also read appetite stimulant for dogs
- If the cat still does not eat after 3 days, bring it to a vet. Serious internal problems such as liver problems may occur in cats who have not eaten in 3 days.
- Avoid giving the cat food with onions as this can cause anemia.
- Avoid giving felines milk and milk products.
Do not give medications for humans to the cat without the vet’s approval. These medications, though mild and harmless for humans, can be fatal to the cat.
- Anorexia in Cats: Causes, Remedies and Treatments for Loss of Appetite
- Worms in Cats: Symptoms, Natural Treatments and Home Remedies
- Dandruff in Cats: Causes, Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
- Hairballs in Cats: Symptoms, Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
- Hyperthyroidism in Cats: Symptoms, Natural Treatment and Cures